No products in the cart.
I love my challah simple and basic, so you will not find eggs or butter, just plain oil. She gets ticked, but not really sweet. The recipe is popular and is known as “challah Chasidim”.
Ingredients for 6
2 kg of flour
2 cups (620 ml) water
One-quarter cup (50 grams) of sugar
One-quarter cup (60 ml) oil
1.5 flat tablespoon dry yeast
2 tablespoon salt
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl except water for about a minute (until consolidation)
- Pour in the water and put in medium speed for about 10 minutes, until you get a ball of dough.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place a towel over it. Let it flourish for about 45 minutes and check the situation – if the dough has doubled its volume continue, if not, give it another quarter of an hour.
- When the dough doubles its volume, divide it into 6 equal parts. Each part is divided into
two,so that 12 equal parts are obtained.
- Braiding or designing the challah
- Cover the challahs with a towel and swell for half an hour or until the volume almost doubles and the challah curls nicely. At the same time, preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius,
- Brush the challah in a beaten egg with salt and sugar, sprinkle with sesame and bake for 30 minutes, or until the challahs are baked and golden. Cool completely and serve.
Pinch of salt
Seeds of sesame
It is very important to sift the flour and not forget the salt. Non-salt dough is obtained in a non-edible way (salt is also important for sweet pastries).
After baking the challahs, it is forbidden to cut or cut them before they cool.